CNYD&CTA events are made possible by the contribution of volunteers
Volunteer Benefits Include:
Free Volunteer T-Shirt
10 volunteer hours makes you eligible to for Year-End Awards
Discounts to the Year-End Banquet
• 4 volunteer hours= $5.00 off the banquet price.
• 8 or more volunteer hours= $10.00 off banquet price. (Limit $10 off)•
Volunteer Details & Useful Information:
- Ring Set-up (typically the Friday or Saturday before the show date)
- Ring Breakdown Pickup & clean up(at end of show)
- Jump Set Up (typically the Friday or Saturday before the show date) & Break Down.
- Greeter – hands out numbers to competitor, help direct people where to find bathrooms, water, etc.
- Scribe – You write down the scores and comments from the judge. This is a GREAT opportunity to learn more about what judges are looking for and theory. USDF Guide for Scribes
- Runner – Transfers test from scribe to scorer, this job allows you to be able to watch tests
- Scorer - Tallies up the coefficients and score the test, records the scores on the board
How to Score a Dressage Test * Scoring Guidelines for Eventing
- Ring Steward – Keeps the show flowing smoothly – makes sure riders are present in warm up ring, wearing their numbers and in approve gear. As well as make sure riders know who they are after and when they are next in the show arena to help keep the show running on time. USDF Ring Steward Overview
- Show Manager - Volunteer, facility & judge coordinator and the day of management. Volunteer Signup Sheet *
Interested in Volunteering?