CNYD&CTA events are made possible by the contribution of volunteers
Volunteer Benefits Include:
Free Volunteer T-Shirt
10 volunteer hours makes you eligible to for Year-End Awards
Discounts to the Year-End Banquet
• 4 volunteer hours= $5.00 off the banquet price.
• 8 or more volunteer hours= $10.00 off banquet price. (Limit $10 off)•
Volunteer Opportunities & Useful Information:
- Ring Set-up (typically the Friday or Saturday before the show date)
- Ring Break Down: Pickup & clean up(at end of show)
- Jump Set Up (typically the Friday or Saturday before the show date) & Break Down.
- Greeter – hands out numbers to competitor, help direct people where to find bathrooms, water, etc.
- Scribe – You write down the scores and comments from the judge. This is a GREAT opportunity to learn more about what judges are looking for and theory. USDF Guide for Scribes
- Runner – Transfers test from scribe to scorer, this job allows you to watch tests
- Scorer - Tallies up the coefficients and score the test, records the scores on the board
How to Score a Dressage Test * Scoring Guidelines for Eventing
- Ring Steward – Keeps the show flowing smoothly – makes sure riders are present in warm up ring, wearing their numbers and approved tack/attire. Makes sure riders know who they are after and when they are next in the show arena to help keep the show running on time. USDF Ring Steward Overview
- Show Manager - Volunteer, facility & judge coordinator and the day of management. Volunteer Signup Sheet *
Interested in Volunteering?